well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Yep, .... Florida
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yep, .... Florida
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Eeker

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Skills!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Brilliant! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Impressive!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Tastes like chicken.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What if a trash panda was already in the can?

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Tastes like chicken.

Yeah, if your chicken swims in the sea ... Wink

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Apparently, after he caught it, he rolled it over to a pond across the street and let it go!

Nerves of steel!

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/09/...s-gator-garbage-can/

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
What if a trash panda was already in the can?
Probably also tastes like chicken.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
See you later alligator.

Seriously, I wonder how the appellation- "Florida Man" got attached to my native Florida (an unknowable question I'm pretty sure). There isn't-- "Florida Woman." Are there-- "Ohio Men"? It's strange.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
When I was about 10, back in the mid 1960s, there was a huge commotion in my next door neighbor's garage. "Something" was back behind a bunch of boxes creating a huge ruckus whenever anyone moved through the garage. After some careful box removal, we discovered a maybe 3-4 foot gator underneath the pile. Could have been a released "pet." Yes, this was back in the days when you could buy a baby alligator in any pet store. Also a day when alligators had almost disappeared from the everglades from overhunting and habitat loss. Could also have wandered up from a nearby canal about 3/4 of a mile away.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Seriously, I wonder how the appellation- "Florida Man" got attached to my native Florida (an unknowable question I'm pretty sure). There isn't-- "Florida Woman." Are there-- "Ohio Men"? It's strange.

I think I know!

Newspaper headline writers have a habit of starting their headlines with [LOCATION] [MAN or WOMAN]. If not in the local area. Not just a Florida thing. You might see "Sacramento Woman Discovers Snake in Toilet" or "Long Island Couple Killed in Highway Accident" for example.

It's just that so many wacky quotable stories happen to involve a Florida man, so they get repeated constantly. That's just the way it is.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Apparently, after he caught it, he rolled it over to a pond across the street and let it go!

Nerves of steel!

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/09/...s-gator-garbage-can/

I was wondering what happened next. For those who know, my understanding is that they can actually move pretty fast when riled up. (That's Florida speak there at the end Big Grin )

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post