well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not Much of a Brain ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not Much of a Brain ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Among all the other things wrong with this:

quote:
the snack could have harmed the monkey’s digestive systems, the zoo director said: “Your whole life, you eat fruits, nuts and vegetables, and all of the sudden here’s a Cheeto.”

And

quote:
Montisano said zoo officials are considering raising the fence around the exhibit. Because the monkeys are afraid of water, the moat serves as an effective barrier, allowing for a low fence. Visitors have unobstructed views of the monkeys swinging through the habitat, but that could now change.

Besides being stupid, it's super selfish. VeryAngry

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If she had tried that stunt with a chimp, it might have pulled her arm free from the rest of her body. With her friends filming her screams.

Oh, and when her workplace found out, they peremptorily fired her.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Oh, and when her workplace found out, they peremptorily fired her.

I suspect they were waiting for a reason to fire her.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Spider monkeys aren't exactly benign. She was very lucky. Also, as you all have pointed out, incredibly stupid and selfish.

I'd bet you she thought of herself as an animal lover, and possibly thought she had a special connection with all animals. What an idiot.

Does anyone remember Grizzly Man?

Chas, you're probably right.

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone remember Grizzly Man?

I'm guessing he met a grisly fate ...