well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Playing Possum

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playing Possum
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Sam managed to flush a young possum out of the bushes. The little girl who lives behind us was very upset. I went outside to see what the commotion was about and found Sam just looking at it. I thought it might be dead, but I didn't see any signs of rough treatment.

Then I saw it's eyes open and realized it was just "playing possum, and it worked. I've never seen one do that before.

I brought Sam in the house and within a few minutes the possum was gone.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Somehow I thought this was going to be about some politician or such.

So glad it wasn’t.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sam found the possum again today. This time he brought it in to the patio and barked at it. Once again it wasn’t harmed but if it turns up again I’m going to scoop it up in a box and relocate it somewhere else.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post