well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Radio link to get you to any station in the world

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radio link to get you to any station in the world
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Someone in my "Nextdoor" site just provided a kind of neat link allowing you to get to a station anywhere in the world. Never thought anyone in my pretty rural area would be interested in this cosmopolite aid, but the enthusiasm has been great.

Maybe some of you (wtg Lithuania?) will also be interested. I'm having fun wandering around various countries' stations. I never heard of a site like "Radio Garden". The green spots are stations all over the place. (Matt - wherever you are, enjoy!)

Fun to plug into various locations live worldwide. Practice your college French or a second language (PG, Russian?)

Wander around the map and listen to any country's news or music on site

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I tried four stations in Lithuania. Three of them were playing songs sung in English and the fourth had songs sung in Spanish....

Big Grin

But it is a cool concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Garden

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
They warn that a number broadcast in English, but I've found that it's easier to plug in a country via "Search" than to scroll around the map. (There appear to be quite a number of stations broadcasting from Vilnius and other Lithuanian cities.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I picked up a bunch of stations from the map that didn't come up in the search results for "Lithuania". When I have more time, I'll have to poke around and figure things out better.

Lithuanians must be enamored of English....of the twenty or so I checked, the majority were playing music in English. Two were in Lithuanian (one music and one religious) and one (a news program) was in Russian.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post