well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy Labor Day!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Labor Day!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
So it's 10:30 on an absolutely gorgeous cool and sunny day. I've been for a walk, baked cookies, and sold a floor lamp via Craigslist.

I feel as if I could take the rest of the day off, but I'm seriously considering rearranging the furniture in the master bedroom. I go through this exercise about once a year. I start out believing there's a better way to place the furniture, try some options and then go back to the original placement.

What's up for your Labor Day?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Heading for Santa Barbara in about an hour. I don't expect much traffic on Labor Day.

Wineries, beaches, dog parks, outdoor dining outside of Solvang. A wine and cupcake pairing in Los Olivos.

20 degrees cooler than it is here and no fires - yet. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Our first breakfast out since the pandemic - a strong breeze off the lake, and we scored the upwind table outside. It was lovely.

Long walk along the lake - busy today, as expected.

Drove out to a suburban church to tune a couple pianos - every day is part vacation and part work these days!

We will see what comes up for later this afternoon and evening...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Pulled of the road to gawk at a spectacular ranch house. Turns out it’s even more spectacular than we thought. Dark Star Ranch.

Google 2401 US 101, Goleta, CA.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I took an easy walk in the woods of NH that terminated at a riverbed. Someone had chained a lovely bench, complete with cushion! I had brought my lunch and pondered the wilderness I had hiked through and then sat and took in the view across the river to...a golf course! It was pretty hilarious to watch a really bad golfer as he botched shot after shot.

Then at home, I took the tomatoes I bought from the farm stand on the way home to try out two tomato jam recipes..one savory, one sweet...Coworkers will be polled on their opinions. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We don't get Labor Day as a holiday. Frowner

Not like I'm bitter or anything...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18519 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post