well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So, here’s my bet

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, here’s my bet
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted
in spite of everyone in the Biden camp denying it right now, and fiercely arguing to the contrary, I believe he will release his delegates in the near future.

The reason they’re saying “no” now is that this is the kind of question you can’t say “maybe” to . You have to keep saying no until you actually make a different announcement.

my thinking is that they have to make a decision well ahead of the currently planned September debate. If they cancel that debate for whatever reason I think he’s done for. if he shows any real sign of fatigue or mental lapse during that debate, he will also be done for. My bet is based on the fact that I think he knows he’s unlikely survive that, and it would be even further humiliating.

I will bet a dollar to any takers.

Posts: 10344 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason they’re saying “no” now is that this is the kind of question you can’t say “maybe” to . You have to keep saying no until you actually make a different announcement.

This is an extremely good point.

quote:
my thinking is that they have to make a decision well ahead of the currently planned September debate

Yes, this makes sense.

My concern is the convention, and the various state laws about whose name can be on the ballot. I got depressed reading about it at some point so I’m not remembering all the details, but there are far too many moving parts here and the timing is already very, very bad.

So if he is going to voluntarily withdraw and release his delegates, he needs to get on with it.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18853 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The convention was already going to be problematic because Biden (as a figurehead, since obviously the lights are on but nobody's home, to use a trite metaphor) has enabled and even participated in the Gaza genocide. This will not be forgotten nor forgiven. His cognitive state should make us ask who is controlling him so since he's obviously not in control of himself? He should get out of the way as soon as possible. He belongs in a care setting, even if that means at home. And Democrats would not be nor should they be forgiven for trying to pass him off as someone not suffering from dementia, whatever the cause. That would be insulting and the dissonance could only harm us.

Posts: 25196 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's the thing... both parties clearly think the electorate is stupid and uninterested. I hope they are wrong.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The number of stupid and uninterested plus the number of not-stupid that have had the Koolaid, plus the crazies are enough to make the election a disaster.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25846 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Not taking the wager. I agree with all of Doug's post.

Posts: 25846 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with Doug's post, but only to the extent that I don't think Biden is aware that he may not be up to the job. I think he probably willfully convinces himself that it's not as bad as it seems.

Assuming he gets re-elected, my greatest concern isn't right now. It's the likelihood of continued decline. Age catches up with all of us, and it's catching up with him right now.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Biden has my sympathy.

Estes Kefauver

Wikiquote
https://en.wikiquote.org › wiki › Estes_Kefauver
Presidential ambition is a disease which can only be cured by embalming fluid.

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
for those of you who are looking for the best way to send me the dollar you owe me on this bet , Zelle works for me…

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18853 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Part 2 of the bet.

once the election is over, regardless of who wins, he will now pardon Hunter.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
When he pardons Hunter it will be fun to watch the Republican heads explode.