well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Bloody Fate of the 200th Motor Rifle Brigade

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bloody Fate of the 200th Motor Rifle Brigade
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
The inside story of one of Russia's elite units

The information for this story was clearly coming from inside the unit after its double decimation. I hope the folks who were volunteering these documents and accounts haven't paid the ultimate price.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
And now the NYTimes weighs in with its own deconstruction of the Russo-Ukrainian war.

How Putin's War in Ukraine became a Catastrophe for Russia

Long, but worth the read.

At this point, Finland alone could likely defeat what's left of Russia's conventional army and occupy St. Petersburg. Poland alone could likely push through Belarus and Kaliningrad against little opposition. I have my doubts about Russia's capacity to defeat the Baltic states. Russia's military seems quite decimated now, and was merely incompetent at the start. Ukraine's military remains fairly weak. They can't yet practice modern NATO-style combined arms fighting because they lack the equipment and training. Yet even their small and underpowered force seems capable of holding the line against Russia's new 300,000 conscripts.

A gas station with nuclear weapons Russia remains.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I definitely recommend that article P*D linked. I found it to be quite eye-opening.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's just the biased western media at it again. Of course the whole process was started by the US as a means to emasculate the great Russian nation ... Wink

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
This will be the coup de grace.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64016599

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
One Russian tank unit attacks another over argument. Love this. Maakes you wonder if one day the Russian occupiers may desert and turn Ukrainian. Wouldn't that be something.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4acdbb1130fc1b59a9aa

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post