well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP Al Bandura happened to be head of Psych Dept when I was there

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Al Bandura happened to be head of Psych Dept when I was there
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
I confess I didn't even know about his "Bobo doll" experiments (they proved the importance of modeling on children's behavior. You might think it was clearcut, but it was in contradiction to both behaviorist and Freudian dogma.)

I especially like the short obituary excerpt quoted below.

(He was such a super nice guy - humble and. low key - himself an excellent role model.)

quote:
If there was a single principle undergirding his work, however, it was the idea of personal agency — that people, through their beliefs about themselves and the processes of self-reflection and self-regulation, can exert control over their lives.

“If you look at my life path, you try to make the most of whatever is there,” Dr. Bandura said. “And to do that, you have to believe that through your actions you can influence the course of your life.”

Prof Al Bandura Stanford dies

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post