well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I fear we’re being RBG’d by Biden
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I fear we’re being RBG’d by Biden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Damn. A lot can happen to a person between the ages of 80 and 86. Nothing personal at all, but - as a younger Joe might have said - “come on, man”.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have to agree...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18543 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, and we're definitely being RBG'd by Feinsteinn (however you spell it)

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
In absolute terms, I agree with you. In relative terms, if each did one of those “real age” tests, I’d guess that I-1 is ten years older than Joe.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
but.... but... who?

At least find someone to take Kamala's place?
Does anyone like Kamala?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I do! I think she's been maligned with vaguely (or overtly) misogynistic/racist comments - not likeable enough, too bitchy, god forbid, the angry black woman, etc. Imagine a male candidate's similar profile, only it would be "does what's right," "doesn't worry what people think," "determined," "pragmatic," yada yada yada. That said, this is the world we live in.

I also think that the far left will never forgive her for her prosecution history - whether that's valid or not, I'm not too sure.

popcorn

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I suppose there are many problems to deal with to replace Kamala.
Unload a black female candidate for a white male? uh, no
Switch to Stacy Abrams? uh, no

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Never understood all the hostility to Kamala, myself. Not that I'm all familiar with her background or anything, but I can't imagine what's bugging people except for her being female and black.

But sacking her for someone else is a bad look. Unless you're ruthless like TFG.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13816 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Not in the same universe as RBG...

I'd consider it a solid win even if Joe dies right after getting elected. Kamila as the first female president and then the ability to make a solid pick for VP for the future.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it’s hostility to Kamala so much as a concern that she’s not a good candidate. Her own primary candidacy tanked even before the first vote and she’s not really turned things around as VP.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
From Twitter:

quote:
The "I'm voting for anyone BUT Hillary" crowd got us into this mess.

The "I'm not voting for Joe Biden because he's too old" crowd are going to keep us in this mess.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Six in Ten Americans Think Reagan Shouldn't Seek Second Term ...

How did that work out for President Mondale?

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
From Twitter:

quote:
The "I'm voting for anyone BUT Hillary" crowd got us into this mess.

The "I'm not voting for Joe Biden because he's too old" crowd are going to keep us in this mess.

Sounds like all the more reason he should have thought better of this.

But I’m sure no one here is going to sit out the election because Biden is taking a huge risk.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I don’t think it’s hostility to Kamala so much as a concern that she’s not a good candidate. Her own primary candidacy tanked even before the first vote and she’s not really turned things around as VP.

It's not 100%, for sure, but I think there's a sizeable number of voters who have "reservations" about her which, when you peel everything away, is basically this.

The fact that her primary candidacy wasn't successful doesn't refute this point.

Another question I find interesting: Biden chose Harris because she appealed to a key base that he needed (women of color, or women in general). I also tend to believe that he never intended on running for a second term at that time. So there was some calculus involved that said either "who cares about 2024, we've got to win 2020 and Harris will get us there", or "Harris checks the boxes for now and we have four years to groom her as successor." So either they didn't do a good job at grooming her, or she isn't suitable. It's hard to know what's going on. However, if you think you're going to be a one-term candidate you should be thinking of your successor from early on.

Unless you think he always intended for a 2nd run. I'm not so sure.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i'm getting pretty tired of the ageism. i think biden has done a good job. he was probably my very last choice for nominee during the runup to 2020, but he won me over. i think of him as a statesman, a very rare bird in this day and age.

he's a helluva lot more vigorous than many people half his age. and youth is no guarantee of not dying in office.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post