well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Airscape containers

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airscape containers
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
I don’t remember if I have mentioned these here before. They are a great invention that solves an age-old problem.

They’re food containers meant for storing coffee and tea, and possibly other things. The problem with traditional tins and canisters is the air space above the coffee or tea, which leads to its going stale and losing flavor.

When I was drinking fancy teas 10 or more years ago, we tea folk were always improvising ways to store our often expensive product. Tins with extra seals, clips for sealing foil bags, etc. It was a losing battle.

Airscape containers (and other brands that work on the same principle) have an inner disc with an air-escape valve that lets you push the disc right down onto the product’s surface, shutting out the air.

I wish we had them years ago.

The only drawback is the expense (if you need more than one) and that it probably doesn’t work for ground coffee or powdered tea like matcha. I think the disc would create static electricity and make a mess.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13815 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Clever! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I keep ground coffee in a container that is supposed to let the CO2 out. It seems to work well.
A part in the kid needs to be replaced once a year. Oops

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post