well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tara Reade
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tara Reade
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It appears that Ms. Reade is a hard core Bernista and her lawyers are Trumpists.

I've seen the first point (she's Berner) mentioned in several places (including the NYT) but the second point (re her lawyers) is news to me. Although, I shouldn't be surprised. Even if that wasn't *her* aim, any pro-Trumper would jump at the chance to further her story, get her more attention etc.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18457 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Except that it could all blow up in Trump's face if the allegations don't grow legs and all that people remember is "dirty Republican politics."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Except that it could all blow up in Trump's face if the allegations don't grow legs and all that people remember is "dirty Republican politics."

Except nothing ever blows up in his face...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
They don't call him "The Teflon Don" for nothing.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now you are fantasizing. ROTFLMAO

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13552 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/id...g-tara-reade/611443/

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Good article, pj.

While the intentions are noble (referring to the article), these allegations have been politicized for years. In my mind (others probably have other milestones), it started with Anita Hill (which seems almost quaint now, a public hair on a coke can) and continued with the stakes getting higher and the attacks becoming more vicious, accusation by accusation.

I think we should take Tara Reade's account seriously, as was described in the first paragraph of the Atlantic article pj linked for us. But it would also be naive to ignore the hyper-politicized world we are now in, and the ethical and moral gaps that could very easily lead to a false accusation on either side.

I am a bit weary at the GOP clutching at their pearls on this, however. That's not helping (any more than when the Dems did it).

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
it started with Anita Hill (which seems almost quaint now, a public hair on a coke can)

I think it was a private hair, a very private hair ... outtahere

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
it started with Anita Hill (which seems almost quaint now, a public hair on a coke can)

hysteric

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18457 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm less concerned about this and related issues than I am about Biden's cognitive decline. Trump is going to knock him senseless in the debates.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I'm less concerned about this and related issues than I am about Biden's cognitive decline. Trump is going to knock him senseless in the debates.
You mean the guy who publicly muses about injecting disinfectant into the human body, the guy who thinks COVID-19 will go away on its own without vaccine, that guy, will out debate regular Joe?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm afraid so. I don't think it will be anything like his asinine rallies and press conferences.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
quote:

hysteric

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I feel for Tara Reid, but her allegations don’t trouble me.

Biden was leading the other Dems in the polls for a solid year. Had she come forward at any point before the SC primary, Biden drops out and we have a different nominee.

Now, Tara, it’s too late. This is an administration that committed impeachable offenses to smear Biden, and they are not above having a hand in this.

The nomination train left the station, and I’m with Biden 100%.

Our financial future and possibly our lives at stake here. Nothing is more important than defeating Trump.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I feel for Tara Reid, but her allegations don’t trouble me.

I do, too. I think she is being manipulated...she went dark for some reporters who had been in touch with her, then she pops up in an interview..I cannot help but think that there is someone pulling the puppet strings.

Too little, too late.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post