well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hat trick
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hat trick
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Today I learned that my sister, my painter and my drywall guy all have Covid.

I’m a little freaked out. Eeker

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Frowner I hope they all have no more than mild cases and are better soon.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Hoping for good outcomes for them all.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Steve, very sorry to hear this!!

I hate to ask, but why “hat trick” for the title?

ETA: group of three, from hockey?

In any case, here’s hoping they all remain mild and are on the mend quickly!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yikes. Hope they all get better soon.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, Steve! Must be how Noah felt when the rain started to come down hard.

Only, of course, it's toward the end of the storm and we all have an ark almost completed (vaccines).*

Wishing all new covid victims well. At least, everyone getting sick now compared to those early on in the trajectory, have way more experiential know-how guiding their treatment.

*OK OK it's a tortured metaphor but I kept trying to make it work (I too was confused by the hat trick...)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Oh man. I’m hoping they’re all mild cases.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
So sorry. Hoping for good outcomes for them all.
+1

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Steve, I am so sorry. It is the worst when it hits so close to home. Wishing mild and easy cases for your sister and colleagues.

Same thing is happening here. I was feeling surrounded, because I know so many local cases, but until yesterday, no one here in town that i am close to.. but now my bestest local pals have it--probably from grocery shopping--and the world seems very dark indeed. We have unmasked trumpers stalking people in the stores, and the store managers say they've tried everything but they can't stop it--too many fights breaking out and they are worried for their employees.

I was going to have my bathroom remodeled before the end of the year, but decided having people in my home is too risky. A carpenter friend of a couple we know, doing work in their basement, brought it to them. Now the husband is in the hospital, and the wife, who has asthma, is home alone and very sick.

We are limiting store visits to Costco, where we haven't seen problems, and the barn I go to for lessons started masking up after we learned of some cases in the horse community, and since it's easy to social distance on a horse, I still go there.

The only FTF encounters we have otherwise are from a safe distance out on the trails.

I am very worried about what this winter will bring. Frowner

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Oh dear...

And were you exposed too?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
A friend, recently retired airline captain, is in the US for some training. Of all places, Phoenix for two weeks and Miami for four weeks. There are eight people in the cohort. One week into the Miami course two of the guys tested positive. A week later, two more, including my friend. Last week he had a racing pulse and his temperature would shoot up in the afternoons. He seemed to be pulling out of it, then yesterday it hit him like a truck. And his sense of smell is gone. They are isolated in a hotel. One of the guys who tested negative has been fetching groceries and meds. One of the first to get it has spent a week in the hospital; I'm not sure if he's out, yet. On the whole, my friend said Miami is acting like there is nothing going on. Restaurants and bars are open, the beach is open, everything is open. Very few people wearing masks. He kinda figured it was inevitable they'd all get it.

Yesterday, one of my cellmates told us he's had symptoms since last Wednesday. His wife started having symptoms four days earlier. None of the rest of us have had contact with him for a couple months. He said his bubble is five people, but his wife goes to PT, does the shopping, and so forth. They've both said it's like a horrible cold and a horrible flu at the same time.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have unmasked trumpers stalking people in the stores, and the store managers say they've tried everything but they can't stop it--too many fights breaking out and they are worried for their employees.
This needs to stop. They should be arrested and prosecuted for assault or even attempted murder. What the hell is wrong with people?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Oh dear...

And we're you exposed too?

No, I don't think so. I haven't seen the painter or the drywall guy in over two weeks and my sister lives in Nevada.

Which is not to say I wasn't exposed some other way.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I hate to ask, but why “hat trick” for the title?

ETA: group of three, from hockey?

Yes - it's a hockey term.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope all three come out of it well and soon.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post