well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hand, foot and mouth

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hand, foot and mouth
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Both our kids and their families were due to arrive tomorrow for a week long family gathering - a farewell to the home place. Alas, young Jack has contracted hand, foot and mouth disease, likely at daycare, so Kim, Jack and Jeff will not be coming. Frowner

Apparently hand, foot and mouth disease is fairly common, 15 million cases a year, but I’ve never heard of it. It’s related to hoof and mouth but not the same. It’s normally not serious, which is a relief, but young Jack is likely to be miserable for a while and that’s heartbreaking.

Disneyland Thursday. Stay tuned.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Apparently. there's no specific treatment for it and the disease just has to run its course. I hope the little guy is better before long.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

I have had friends with kids who've had this recently, but I don't recall ever hearing of it when I was younger or during childhood. Is it newly increasing?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
It is a young child (read daycare) disease that I am happy my kids never contracted..A virus that passes...

Hope your grand kids are feeling better, Steve!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I have a colleague with a preschooler who has it right now. She has two other preschoolers. I hope for her sake that they don't all get it.

And I hope your young Jack gets better soon.

I'm sorry you won't get to see them.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post