well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tennessee hard hit by tornados

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennessee hard hit by tornados
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Bad on a couple of fronts: Happened at night, and hit an urban area (Nashville).

quote:
Tornadoes gashed through western and central Tennessee early Tuesday, with the worst damage concentrated in and around Nashville. The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency says at least 19 were killed across four counties, and there are fears the death toll could climb as first responders continue to search for victims.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/03...-damage-in-nashville

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who lives in Mt Juliet - there is drone footage of the damage there, holy cow. Hoping she is ok.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, too close to home. My sister and one nephew and family live there, but away from the damage. My son's best friend is going to school there--their place was on a street where the tornado hit, but there building was miraculously spared.

I'm feeling very lucky right now, and hoping for the best for those who were in the path. It looks horrible.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Turns out they were F3 and F4 tornadoes.

And on top of that, Tennessee's first confirmed case of coronavirus.

https://www.wkrn.com/community...to-have-coronavirus/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post