well-temperedforum.groupee.net
I’m with Tammy Duckworth

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/1323905497

09 June 2020, 10:07 PM
Cindysphinx
I’m with Tammy Duckworth
Joe should pick Tammy Duckworth. Her life story is amazing.

He can avoid the pro police baggage of Kamala and AmyK.

It makes sense to me.
09 June 2020, 10:12 PM
QuirtEvans
Keisha Bottoms for me.
09 June 2020, 10:25 PM
ShiroKuro
Is Duckworth seriously under consideration?

Re Mayor Bottoms, her speech on maybe day two of the protests (where she said “you’re not going to put-care me” among other things). That speech really won her a ton of fans. Yours truly among them!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

09 June 2020, 10:39 PM
Cindysphinx
Yes, Tammy is in the mix.

The Atlanta mayor could have all sorts of irregularities in her background and has never performed on the national stage. Yet she is supposed to take over for Joe if he keels over? No way.
09 June 2020, 10:55 PM
Daniel
Stacey Abrams.
09 June 2020, 11:10 PM
LL
Who he picks is important, that's for sure as I think she could become the pres.

I didn't vote for McCain due to the Alaskan queen...

The earth laughs in flowers

09 June 2020, 11:20 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Yes, Tammy is in the mix.

The Atlanta mayor could have all sorts of irregularities in her background and has never performed on the national stage. Yet she is supposed to take over for Joe if he keels over? No way.

The protests are a national stage.

She is authentic. She is smart. Speaks speaks well extemporaneously, and with real emotion. She has executive experience. Running Atlanta is probably a bigger job than Governor of Arkansas.

And Georgia is potentially a swing state, while Illinois is not.
10 June 2020, 09:09 AM
Piano*Dad
I'm still thinking Kamala is the likely pick. Senator from CA dominates mayor of Atlanta on a number of levels. And yes, I know that mayors have executive experience.

Ditto for "close doesn't count" candidates for governor.
10 June 2020, 12:52 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I'm still thinking Kamala is the likely pick. Senator from CA dominates mayor of Atlanta on a number of levels. And yes, I know that mayors have executive experience.

Ditto for "close doesn't count" candidates for governor.

I don't disagree, and she's very good.

But she does have the disadvantage, in the current environment, of a prosecutorial record.
10 June 2020, 02:16 PM
Piano*Dad
Yes indeed. But vetted many times over. Better that than a novice whose "sins" (manufactured or otherwise) come to light under the pressure of the late stages of a campaign.
10 June 2020, 02:19 PM
ShiroKuro
quote:
under the pressure of the late stages of a campaign.

While we're on the subject of late stages, am I the only one who's feeling like he just needs to hurry up and pick someone and get on with it??

10 June 2020, 03:06 PM
wtg
Well, the primaries aren't over and there's been no convention to nominate him as the candidate.

Seems a bit premature/presumptious to be announcing his VP pick, no?

Wink

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

10 June 2020, 04:01 PM
ShiroKuro
Oopsie Leaving

10 June 2020, 04:50 PM
QuirtEvans
Not so oopsie. He said he'll annnounce his pick by August 1. Which is ... before the convention.
10 June 2020, 05:02 PM
Piano*Dad
He has clinched the nomination, so I guess he can advance a name that isn't hypothetical.