well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Let’s Deport Them
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let’s Deport Them
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
Trump promises to deport pro-Palestinian college demonstrators (amazingly, he only meant the ones who were not American citizens):

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1...J4cXGfNA0BDLG5sZWeIg

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Surprising nuance.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13642 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The man has no filters or limits.
God help us if he wins.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25842 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The good thing about a Trump victory would be he can't run again. If he loses, we might be right back here in 2028.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I hope you don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say that, if he wins, there won't be a meaningful election in 2028.

I mean, they hold elections in Russia ... for what they're worth.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Who said he can't run again? If he is still breathing in 2028 he certainly won't let a little thing like the Constitution stand in his way.

Posts: 12756 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
You overestimate his abilities and the sturdiness of our founding documents.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Not so much his abilities as his willingness to break anything to help himself and the willingness of so many in his party willing to vote in support of anything he wants...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7599 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
During his first term there were a few people who understood and believed in the Constitution and who provided guard rails to stop him from totally outrageous stuff. I'm not so sure the people he would have in his administration the second time around would do the same. I think they'd all either be total "yes" men, or people who have their own objectives. And the folks in Congress haven't exactly set a shining example either.

I don't get a good feeling about a second Trump presidency. At all.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't get a good feeling about a second term for either candidate. Both could be a disaster for the rights of Americans and the future of the country.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what else you might think, I think we can all be pretty confident that only one will go on a vendetta against his perceived enemies.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think there's a perception among a segment of the population that there's a vendetta against Trump that's currently going on.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I think there's a perception among a segment of the population that there's a vendetta against Trump that's currently going on.

By Biden???

Only fools actually believe that Biden is orchestrating the NY DA’s trial.

Misguided as it is, I can see how some right wingers could believe that Democrats are out to get Trump. They are, but only in the same way the cops were out to get Al Capone.

But it takes a special kind of credulousness to believe it’s Biden’s doing.

And it takes a true hypocrite to say out of one side of one’s mouth that Biden is suffering from age-related mental incapacity, but at the same time that he’s the mastermind driving a huge conspiracy against Trump.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I don't get a good feeling about a second term for either candidate. Both could be a disaster for the rights of Americans and the future of the country.

Unfortunately.

Posts: 25187 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

Care to expand on this?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post