well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Disgrace known as Food Stamps aka SNAP
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Disgrace known as Food Stamps aka SNAP
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
You're a hero. Heroism is local.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Nina, a recent "enhancement" in just the last few weeks.

Oh man, why am I not surprised? This administration just doesn't miss an opportunity to make life difficult for the people who need the most help. I'm so glad you're just dancing around the requirement and getting people their food.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I went out and did deliveries again today after we met with the social org to ask them for help with outreach. I would text the social worker before each stop so the client would be ready for my arrival. That went much better.

In addition, we had made a decision as an org to just eat the costs. So no time taken to do transactions brought my route from 6 hours down to a little over 2.

But more importantly, some WTFers here did something that swelled my heart. Donations came in from members here that have now funded the service for 2 MONTHS!

OMG...I am so grateful to you, friends. The news to our team was pretty joyous, I have to say. We are all working so hard these days and knowing that other folks out there want to help is what helps to keep us going. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! happydance

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
You are such a nice person...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
You are such a nice person...

Thank you. But I am not alone. The folks here at WTG are the kindest, generous people. I am so grateful for you all.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I'm uplifted by your good deeds, as usual, BL. You always seem to know how to do the right thing - and act on it.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post