well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hospice Nurse Penny

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hospice Nurse Penny
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://youtube.com/channel/UCIXqRJ1BSV99wQ9y_R7Dgew

PSA.

This woman has a lot of professional experience and wisdom about hospice care, death, and dying.

She shares it in an entertaining and humorous way, but she is always direct and informative.

I've learned a lot from watching her videos.

I don't want to over-share but my mother was given morphine at during the last three weeks of her life. She had brain and lung cancer and a cancerous tumor on her spine.

It was a cruel fate to befall someone who had spent her entire life caring for others. She took care of her household, raised three children, and received a twenty year vesting for her direct care of NYS "retarded" (not my word; the State's).

She arranged her retirement, set up Medicare, received her father's inheritance, and passed only one year later.

My sister and I, of our immediate family, were shaken to the core.

Anyway, she received morphine before dying with my sister holding her hand. I found this all a little bit shocking.

Hospice Nurse Penny (or "my favorite hospice nurse" as I call her) made me realize that she died because she was dying, not because she received morphine to ease her pain.

My sister never had any such sentimentality. She always said that it was, "merciful."

I've learned a lot about how people experience dying and about how nurses care for the dying.

I highly recommend this channel.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post