well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Frank Lloyd Wright home for sale ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frank Lloyd Wright home for sale ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Westhope just hit the market, apparently.

I wonder what rules might constrain a new owner making changes/updates.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that particular house before. It's so much brighter than the Wright homes I'm familiar with. From the outside it almost looks like a bit like a commercial structure, but with some warming elements that make it inviting.

Thanks for posting the listing. Gives me a chance to get my bid in early.... ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37936 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think it's gorgeous. There are a lot of FLW Wright homes around the Phoenix area (think Taliesin West). It's been a battle to preserve them. In most cases, it requires a wealthy benefactor to buy the house, then have it declared a historic property, which will greatly limit the changes that can be made.

Unfortunately, when that hasn't happened, most of these homes are razed to make way for McMansions. Frowner

Some FLW homes are a bit weird and off-putting. It's typical to have low doors and low ceilings, for example, giving some places a bit of a rabbit burrow feeling. Others (at least around here) get labeled as FLW homes when they were, in fact, designed and constructed by an architect who had some association with Taliesin West.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Westhope clearly received a lot of internal changes and modernizations, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms at some point in the last thirty years. I would see those areas as again needing some modernization.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Pretty pricey for Tulsa. Interesting, andI like the lightness of it, but portions look more like a corporate HQ than a home.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Damn. I love it. But can I move it to the Pacific Northwet? (Of course, FLW would say "no". His houses were designed for a specific location.)

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That house was built only eight years after the Tulsa massacre ...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s a bit over scaled for my taste but it’s really beautiful!

And the Redbud trees! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post