well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do you know CPR?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know CPR?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Do you know CPR?

Years ago (like, close to 35 years ago), I received basic first aid training, which included CPR. I never was in a position to use that training, and I have not received any training since then. I'm not sure that I would be of much use in an emergency beyond being able to call 911.

Seeing all the coverage of Damar Hamlin, the football player who had a cardiac arrest on the field, and reading about cardiac arrests made me recall that training and wonder if I should try to get retrained some how...

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
It’s a good thing to know.

Took my very first first aid class with CPR when I was 16.

Took a refresher course at church maybe 1.5 decades ago?

Took a class in CPR and AED at church, because we got an AED, maybe 5-7 years ago? Could be time to refresh.

I basically know how CPR is done, and they’ve decided that the chest compressions are more important than the breathing. And the right tempo/rhythm for compressions is the BeeGees Stayin’ Alive.

The AED is an amazing tool, and it has instructions that walk you through what you’re supposed to do. Which is great, because I’d never remember in an emergency.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We both took a refresher CPR AED course about 10 years ago...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I went and took a refresher CPR course about 15 years ago, right before I took a final road trip with my brother. We were both pretty sure he was dying at the time, but I didn’t want it to happen while he was sitting next to me on a plane or in a rental car.

(the trip went great - he survived almost two more years.)

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post