well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Questions for the horsey set

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for the horsey set
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
One of the things I pulled out of the hoarder house was my wife's grandfather's collection of cowboy memorabilia.

In that collection I found these:

They're some sort of hook and the leather strap at the top of the picture is to hold them all together like some sort of set. Any idea what they are?

[/url]

And how about these bells? They're strung on some sort of twine and have wooden clappers:

I think they are made to hang vertically because there is a loop at the top. Like this:

Any ideas?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
At first I thought they were hoof picks. But too big and pointy. They almost look like something you could grab a bail of hay with, but not easy to hang onto with that handle design?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My first thought was bale hook thingies as well, but you're right, the handle makes that not possible.

I wonder if they aren't just decorative hooks?
For them to be seriously functional (like maybe during slaughter?), they'd have to be able to be hooked on something else. It's intriguing.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post