well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of these houses? (Door County edition)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of these houses? (Door County edition)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I occasionally check what real estate is up for sale up in Door County where we used to have a vacation home. There hasn't been much available but a couple have popped up recently.

This first one on South Sand Bay is not far from where our house was located. The area is a mix of three season 1970s cottages, mid-size homes like ours was, and also some quite large houses with lots of amenities. All on Lake Michigan.

This one falls into big house with lots of amenities category. It has the spirit of the cottages but on a very grand scale. The landscaping blends in nicely with the surrounding woods.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...I_54234_M71537-29078

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37935 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This place is located on Old Stage Road, which is known to be in an area that has trees that get spectacular fall color. Inland, so of course no lake views.

I am completely underwhelmed by the house, but the gardens and surrounding area are breathtaking.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...I_54234_M71798-52504

I don't miss our house and the associated work, but boy, at some point down the road I want to spend at least a few days during the autumn up there.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37935 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And just for fun, one for jodi:

https://www.realtor.com/reales...I_54234_M89601-47248

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I like the second one a lot, inside and out! With the first one, even though it fits the surroundings, I don't really like the all-brown feeling of the inside. The second one looks like a place I would enjoy spending time inside as well as outside.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like them all, with a special nod to the bathroom and the outbuildings that come with the third house. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The third house has been up for sale for some time; I had no idea there was a property like that up on the peninsula.

As soon as I saw it, I thought of jodi..... Big Grin

Bazootiehead-in-training