well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Product recommendation!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product recommendation!
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
On Prime Day a few months ago, I ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Po...sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1

A coworker owned one that we used during a drumline show -- we had a lamp that we were using as a show prop and powering off a UPS and someone forgot to charge the UPS. We thought we were screwed and then she remembered that she had one of these in her glovebox, got it out, and it powered the lamp for like 20 minutes and saved the performance.

I thought it seemed like a neat gadget and a good safety idea for LL#1 who has been driving back and forth to Ohio, so when I got a free $10 credit for prime day and it was on sale, I ordered one. I gave it to her when we were out visiting this summer - we charged it up, I told her to put it in her glovebox, and I promptly forgot all about it.

She flew home this weekend for a funeral and left her car in the airport parking garage. When she got back last night, her car would not start. She remembered that she had this in the glovebox, took it out, hooked it up, and it worked like a charm -- jumped the car on the first try. It also has both regular outlet and usb ports so it can charge laptops and phones in case of an emergency.

They are kind of pricey normally ($90-100) but we got it for like $45 with the prime day sale and the $10 credit. After seeing how easy it was to use and basically how it saved her from having to ask a random stranger for a jump or wait around in a deserted airport parking garage for AAA, I plan to order one for every car we have -- I'm just waiting for another sale!

Anyhow, thought I'd share!

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great suggestion. Thanks for passing it along.

Here's the camelcamelcamel link for price tracking if anyone wants to know when the price drops:

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B079FSPRXM

You can have an alert emailed to you...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Second the recommendation; younger kiddo has one and has used it.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I have something similar. I've stuck it in the car for long trips.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Man, things have certainly improved! Years ago when I was looking for battery pack that can jump-start a car in an emergency, I ended up with a heavy, bulky lead acid battery unit that also comes with a compressor (with which I can inflate a car tire), but no USB or 120V AC outlet. The lithium iron unit you recommended looks light and compact and even stylish! Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I see tow truck drivers are using similar units now.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Intertesting. I may keep my eyes open for a sale. That seems like a handy thing to have.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post