well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Big Brother is Watching

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Brother is Watching
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted
HOW POLICE EXPLOITED THE CAPITOL RIOT’S DIGITAL RECORDS

I knew some of this, but did not know just how long the long arm of the law actually is these days.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7412 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting article. I was also not aware of how much data is available. Very 1984....it's more than a little creepy.

So many people in my neighborhood have video doorbells and/or cameras on their houses.

A few weeks ago, tire tracks appeared in the snow on my neighbors' front lawns. I texted one of them and asked if they had seen the tracks, and they replied that they were out of town. Ten minutes later, he texted me back with video of a car slowly driving over the parkway, across his lawn and his neighbor's, and back onto the street at 2 am. We have no idea what the hell the person was doing. The make, model, and color of the car were identifiable, but the license plate was not visible. The incident was reported to the police, but since there wasn't any damage to property, they simply made note of it. We could see on the video that the driver had turned south at the corner. I'm guessing that had there been damage and the police had decided to pursue the matter, they might have asked for video from folks on the street the person drove down.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
We have two video doorbells and all motion is detected. It's supposed to only active when a person or vehicle makes motion but it also activates for Turkeys and other wildlife.

All captured video is accessible by timestamp.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post