well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Also Minneapolis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Also Minneapolis
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://twitter.com/MattFinnFN...780532681199622?s=20

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33803 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lots of pictures full of cooperation and hope there if you scroll down. And also some images that are maybe (maybe not) more surprising, like the Black men who formed a wall to protect a single police office who got separated from the other officers....

OTOH I keep reading about white agitators in protests (like Umbrella Man and the white woman smashing windows while a Black man asked her to stop).

There are so many details that are lost in the shuffle.... I'm trying to take it all in while thinking about what I can do to contribute to positive change, even while (for the foreseeable future) I'm staying home and not out and about....

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The annoying anchor on the Denver NBC station last night kept referring, disparagingly, to the "white" evening crowd as a riot, while the afternoon "black" crowd was a protest. My eyes saw plenty of black folk in the evening crowd. But I will grant that the evening crowd was likely younger than the afternoon protesters, and more tolerant of mixing it up a bit. I clearly saw people in the evening crowd kneeling and holding up signs, just like the "legitimate protesters" of the afternoon.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post