well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It missed us last night, but looks like we're in for it now
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It missed us last night, but looks like we're in for it now
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Snow. It's been absent this winter, at least up until now.

Forecast was for 3 to 6 inches last night, but we had almost nothing. Definitely gearing up now. This is the miserable stuff, wet and heavy.

Another round late in the week, possibly major, and then we get the deep freeze.

I always say I love the change of seasons. Until this happens. Big Grin

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Forecasts are all over the place here which is nothing new. Right now predictions are for "wintery mix" (ugh) tomorrow morning and wind after that. Temps in the upper 30's so maybe nothing will stick.

Subject to change, of course, but it looks like we are going to miss most of the excitement.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chas, jodi, pique and others who live where it *really* snows are undoubtedly amused by our "snow events"....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Rain here in NYC. Not wishing for snow.

But the snow does fall not far from here. Just north and west of the city.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wet heavy snow is the worst!

We've been having rain (and a lot of it!) but the temps are high enough that we're spared the snow thus far. This weekend that might change, it's probably too soon to say for sure.

What I am really missing is the sun. I'm am horribly jet lagged right now and the sun has not been out since I got home, and it's really messing up my readjustment!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The ski area 7 miles up the road from our Santa Fe place has had 54" over the past seven days ...

Our place there is blanketed, according to the external cameras.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It has been just rain downtown close to the lake...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
There was supposed to be a storm here yesterday but we didn't get the rain, only the 20 mph winds. I don't like it when rain is forecast and doesn't happen. Meanwhile, a cold front has moved in.

Posts: 24736 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I thought we were going to have it bad with a cold snap on the way.

Then I looked at the forecast for jodi and pique, and now our weather is looking positively balmy...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We are currently headed back from Nyack to Oklahoma. We stayed an extra week because of last weekend’s storm. And we are taking a southern route to avoid the Chicago thundersnow and the Buffalo blizzard.

Posts: 45757 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Current temp and forecast

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
High '30's forecast Wednesday night.

Warm for Poughkeepsie but certainly cold for Tampa area.

I'll have to look up where the "freezing line" stops.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Current temp and forecast

Good grief, Jodi!

-19 is the lowest overnight I've experienced. That was only once and I'll certainly never forget it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
26 and snowing here. Wind gusts to 45 MPH. Wind chill 10 degrees. Icy.

If you need me I’ll be in the basement. Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
-41F in Butte this morning when I woke up!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post