well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Israel and UAE

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel and UAE
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Israel and UAE strike historic deal to normalise relations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53770859

“Israel and the United Arab Emirates have reached a deal to normalise relations, with Israel agreeing to suspend its controversial plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank.
...”

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Netanyahu is either the luckiest sh!t around, or the canniest political leader I've ever seen.

Israel had already decided not to annex anything at present, so they sold a worthless promise for a tangible diplomatic success that further isolates the Palestinians and encourages the Gulf regimes to further integrate their security needs with Israel.

And he can probably sell this real estate again in the future, since Israeli control over those scraps of land isn't changing at all.

I'm in awe.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oh, and he pivots again toward the center to make up for possible loss of support from the extreme right. Just in case there is an election in the near future.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post