well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Reintroducing myself

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/1043970497

22 March 2020, 01:42 PM
DaleH
Reintroducing myself
Hello everyone,
I've been a member here forever, but have mostly lurked in recent years. In this time of physical isolation I'm feeling the need for some “social closeness”, so here is a bit about me before I jump back in.
- Massachusetts native and life-long resident
- BS in Biology 1973, worked as a research lab tech for 10 years
- MSEE 1986, then a software engineer in high tech for 25 years
- now retired – my true calling!
- lesbian – met my sweetie in high tech 33 years ago and going strong
- violist – play in the Boston Civic Symphony and a string quartet, both for fun
- occasional pianist – took lessons as an adult an am starting to get back to playing
- about my sweetie – she left high tech to become a social worker, then a psychotherapist in private practice, then went to seminary and is now a Unitarian Universalist minister
- - her calling is to interim ministry and she is currently serving a congregation 500 miles away
- - I stayed put for now to be near family, friends, and musical activities, a decision that we revisit often!

Dale
22 March 2020, 01:50 PM
wtg
Welcome back, Dale! I'm a relatively recent addition to the group compared to the rest of you.

I live in the Chicago area, married with no children (just a golden retriever), and retired from a job on the technical side of the financial services industry.

Took piano lessons as a kid and have tried to pick it back up in middle age. I play *at* the piano in fits and starts. Thank goodness for digital pianos and headphones. At least that's what my better half says.

'wtg' stands for 'well-tempered gardener'. Won't come as a surprise that I love to garden....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 01:53 PM
jodi
Hi Dale! Glad you are posting! We were married in a Unitarian Universalist Church. Husband’s parents still really involved in the church - they are in Eastern Washington state.

Viola - cool! My husband plays the bassoon in the Butte Symphony her in Montana.

Smiler Jodi

22 March 2020, 01:57 PM
ShiroKuro
Hi Dale, welcome back! Flower

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

22 March 2020, 02:35 PM
Nina
Hi, Dale! Of course I remember you, and great to see you back!
22 March 2020, 02:43 PM
DaleH
Thank you, all!
Nina, I believe we worked for the same corporate giant at one time Smiler
22 March 2020, 02:50 PM
LL
Nice to see that you will be active here! I remember you...

Me? Gardener, past piano teacher and church organist here in Ma.

The earth laughs in flowers

22 March 2020, 03:01 PM
Steve Miller
Hello, Dale. Good to "see" you again! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

22 March 2020, 03:37 PM
pianojuggler
Welcome back or however you want to couch it.

I see we joined WTF a mere seven days apart. I would have joined sooner, but I was having email troubles at the time.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

22 March 2020, 06:48 PM
Daniel
Hi, Dale!
22 March 2020, 06:56 PM
BeeLady
Nice to see you again, Dale! Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

22 March 2020, 10:02 PM
AdagioM
Hi, Dale! Welcome back.

Me? I don’t play piano much, ever since knitting took over my life. I design and teach. Design and taught? My teaching gigs have all disappeared with Covid-19. Someday, teaching again!

Hi

http://pdxknitterati.com

22 March 2020, 10:30 PM
DaleH
Hello, hello, everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome back!
22 March 2020, 10:56 PM
kluurs
Welcome. Nice to have such accomplished company join us. Hope you'll stay with us. Make your self comfortable.
23 March 2020, 09:23 AM
Cindysphinx
Howdy!