well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Warren’s Plan on Gun Violence

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren’s Plan on Gun Violence
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only 1% of gun dealers are responsible for 57% of guns used in crimes.

That's a remarkable statistic.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
In the second clause of bullet point two, she proposes eliminating the filibuster. Odd way to roll out a proposal for such a huge governance change.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
In the second clause of bullet point two, she proposes eliminating the filibuster. Odd way to roll out a proposal for such a huge governance change.

Mad

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Fantasy and empty promises. The filibuster will stay and if she thinks Congress will pass laws to shut down the money train without the threat of being hanged on Capitol Hill she’s more deranged than Bernie.

But I don’t think she believes what she is saying. She’s just gunning for the nomination.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
if she thinks Congress will pass laws to shut down the money train without the threat of being hanged on Capitol Hill she’s more deranged than Bernie. .

Sad, but true

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
4. Then a miracle happens.

5. Success!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I don't trust her at all. Also, there is something very, very mean-spirited about her. I perceive it every time she does her, "Thank you for your question. I appreciate it." number. She winds herself up and starts screeching. Pay attention and you'll notice all of the ersatz pleasantness is gone in a remarkably short time. Listen to her words and notice how she ends by reprimanding the original questioner, or the person on whose behalf the question was asked, or the premise of the original question. I think it's telling that she slipped her plan to end the filibuster into a plan on gun violence. Her record of making plans and carrying through with them is limited. Yet she seems to have a plan for everything including becoming president and ending the filibuster. SMH.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post