well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, Jon!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, Jon!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted
Did you get your shot today? How are you feeling?

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking!

I feel fine, the shot didn't even hurt. (I got Pfizer).

I was at the Javitz center, the huge convention center in Manhattan.

They had a sign up saying they would do almost 8900 shots *today*.

Here was checkin:

The shot area. Part of it, I couldn't get it all in a frame:

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Finally! Congratulations.

Are you going to be part of any studies that involve transplant patients who get the COVID-19 vaccine? I see Hopkins has one going....wondering if Duke or any of the NY centers are doing anything similar...

https://transplantvaccine.org/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25697 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I volunteered for the Hopkins study but they didn't want me. I met all the inclusion criteria, maybe they had their fill of lung transplant patients already. It was well publicized in the community.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'm basically doing my own version of the Hopkins study with n=1.

That's why I asked Duke to add the SARS-COV2 IgG test to my standing Labcorp order.

Oddly, I have one tomorrow since I need labs for my prograf levels. (it won't show a response yet)

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!

Quirt got his shot in a setup like that one--a big room with a lot of socially distanced tables. It wasn't nearly so big, though, as it was at a community center in Purcell, Oklahoma.

I got mine at a drive-thru site, where you rolled through checkpoints, got your shot through the car window, then were directed to a parking place where they made sure you stayed for the prescribed amount of time afterward.

Both sites seemed well-run and efficient.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yay! Fantastic!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20431 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
By the way, that center where I got my shot was a FEMA hospital last spring.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They're really getting rolling with mass vaccination sites in Chicago. I think it's the result of two things, namely more vaccine availability and also federal involvement. The new sites are being set up by FEMA and are staffed by the National Guard. McCormick Place was the site of a FEMA hospital but they're not using it for vaccinations. They're talking about using Wrigley Field.

They're opening two more next week, one at the United Center and another at a former K-Mart store in a suburb near me. I think these two are only offering the J&J vaccine, they can process a lot of people daily and with a one shot regimen the number of fully vaccinated people will go up rapidly.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good news, Jon! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34880 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m happy and relieved for you, Jon!

If you lived in Oregon, you wouldn’t be eligible yet. I think it’s “no later than March 29” and that’s just eligibility. Then you’d have to try to get an appointment.

Carry on, New Yorker!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post