well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Am I the only one who finds the light strings and mirrors on the stair risers to be out of place-looking, and a bit tacky?

Yes Big Grin

But then I'm into totally over the top decor - I can't help it, I'm a dancer!

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I'd put up with that bit of garishness in exchange for the marble turkish baths and suites where the bedrooms alone average 600 square feet. The thing is set up for about 35 guests but provides space usually given over to about 600 guests on commercial vessels. That's a lotta space. And as a charter, it's always nice to be in control of where you go and how long you stay instead of being at the mercy of some cruise director. So I can tolerate a little Christmas kitsch. (At least they didn't put in white pianos or those hideous lucite things.)

(But then, I put "ground effects" neon lighting under the Chickering. So what do I know about taste. WhoMe)

Having seen "The Cat's Meow", though, about that infamous W. J. Hearst yacht party where Hearst shot the movie producer while intending to kill Charlie Chaplin, I'm not sure we ought to booze and boat. TomK might end up slightly dead.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would-be Sage
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:

God, that's gorgeous!

A cynic - knows the price of everything and the value of nothing - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 648 | Location: NL, Canada | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Hey Zorba, I found a companion piece to the one you posted!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:

God, that's gorgeous!

And to think that now you get the option of

SHINY BIG BLACK BOX or

SEMI SHINY BIG BLACK BOX!

Somewhere along the line, cabinetry went out the window.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:
Yeah, but I'd put up with that bit of garishness in exchange for the marble turkish baths and suites where the bedrooms alone average 600 square feet. The thing is set up for about 35 guests but provides space usually given over to about 600 guests on commercial vessels. That's a lotta space. And as a charter, it's always nice to be in control of where you go and how long you stay instead of being at the mercy of some cruise director. So I can tolerate a little Christmas kitsch. (At least they didn't put in white pianos or those hideous lucite things.)

(But then, I put "ground effects" neon lighting under the Chickering. So what do I know about taste. WhoMe)

Having seen "The Cat's Meow", though, about that infamous W. J. Hearst yacht party where Hearst shot the movie producer while intending to kill Charlie Chaplin, I'm not sure we ought to booze and boat. TomK might end up slightly dead.

WTF TASTE? TASTE? Show us a picture, we will decide. Taste is highleeeey overrated.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25769 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Previous page, Chas, my man....

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
BTW, found a couple more. I think these and the previous two are the only examples of this on the internets:

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
My favorite bit is that "you mf". Ole

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Ooopsy daisy

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:

Pictures?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25769 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
I'm a teetotaler myself, but for those who like to imbibe poisons:

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post