well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2850024535/m/709109476

26 September 2010, 08:36 PM
teachum
Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
What are your honest unadulterated opinions about unions and the role they have played and play in the economic vitality of the middle class? Evil

You are a devil, Daniel. You know, honestly, I had no real strong opinions about Unions (and some mildly negative ones) until the l980's when I went to work for OPEIU, Local 30 in San Diego. At that point I became Union educated. I made the best money I had ever made and had the best benefits. My Union boss believed in treating her employees as well or better than the benefits she went out and negotiated for people she represented. Most Union employees belong to a different Union than the one they work for. Not the case in my situation because Gwen was such a fair employer.

Anyway, I think that Union's have played a very large and positive role in raising the living level of the American middle class. I think everyone should get down on their knees and thank the Unions profusely for shorter work weeks and safer work conditions. Have their been some instances of killing the golden goose? Yes - but I have always looked at it like this. If a government is benevolent and fair - it's citizens do not revolt. If an employer is benevolent and fair, their employees do not join unions. Take away all the Unions in this country and then people will realize what Unions have done for them!!!!!
27 September 2010, 09:17 AM
big al
Amen, sister. ThumbsUp

Big Al
28 September 2010, 03:59 AM
Daniel
ThumbsUp
29 September 2010, 11:41 PM
rustyfingers
Do you hang the toilet paper over or under?
01 October 2010, 07:26 PM
teachum
Definitely over.