wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2850024535/m/37910614

01 April 2010, 11:15 AM
OperaTenor
wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Not sure of your meaning, but I was referring to Nora, the piano-playing cat, who (with her owner) actually does live in Philly.

Just a weak attempt at humor and a backhanded compliment to you at the same time. Big Grin
06 April 2010, 08:59 AM
rich galassini
Joe,

There is a place in Manayunk (near our store) that is supposed to be a great cycling store, although not a vintage place. I've never been in it, but have passed it:

cadence cycling
06 April 2010, 04:05 PM
Mary Anna
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Not sure of your meaning, but I was referring to Nora, the piano-playing cat, who (with her owner) actually does live in Philly.

Just a weak attempt at humor and a backhanded compliment to you at the same time. Big Grin

I love Nora the Piano Playing Cat. If my cat were not fixed, I would introduce them and hope for piano playing kittens.

2 Hearts

I am still in a family situation where any travel has to be last-minute. But I'm still thinking of coming, if I can. It looks like MS and SM are out. Frowner But maybe I can drag Muffin. Maybe if there's a field trip to visit Nora...
09 April 2010, 02:38 PM
OperaTenor
I hope you can make it, Ma'am. It's always a pleasure to see you.
13 April 2010, 11:52 AM
OperaTenor
For a variety of reasons, I will be the only member of the clan attending after all. My flight is booked, and I'll arrive in Philly at 8:03pm on the 28th, and head back for Sandy Eggo at 2:40pm on the 31st.
13 April 2010, 11:45 PM
Piano Again
Could someone please PM me about what kind of accommodations there are around there? And what's the schedule for the weekend? Is there anything planned for Saturday morning?

TIA ...
17 April 2010, 02:08 AM
Big John
Is it okay if I come? I rather like these get-togethers. Maybe there's a cardboard box under a bridge I could get for cheap. maybe trade someone for some lottery tickets or something?
17 April 2010, 11:42 AM
OperaTenor
Big John, of course it is!
17 April 2010, 10:01 PM
QuirtEvans
I have to check with my ex. Maybe the kids and I could drive down ...
20 April 2010, 04:30 PM
Rach on!
Big John and I are willing to make the trek though we might not stay all three days. However, we'll know for sure after this weekend.

I guess it's time to limber up those fingers!
21 April 2010, 12:45 PM
Big John
yeah I'm working kaori's ( a fellow student) sibelius piece but don't know if I'll get it in time up to tempo but I'm working on it a little each day. It's so beautiful -- and coming from a composer who hated the piano no less.
22 April 2010, 12:59 PM
Piano Again
I was talking with Rich G about this event yesterday, and he asked if I'd bring my cello and play. I'm willing to do that if any pianists are interested in committing to play something with me. Do you have any favorite cello-piano pieces? I've got lots of music, some of it even sight-readable.

The reason I ask is because I'd rather not have to babysit the cello all weekend (you can't just sling it into your back pocket to tote it around) unless at least one person is really interested. I'm not so into playing the cello by myself at a piano-centric get together.

Just say the word . . .
22 April 2010, 06:37 PM
Axtremus
quote:
Originally posted by Piano Again:
I was talking with Rich G about this event yesterday, and he asked if I'd bring my cello and play. I'm willing to do that if any pianists are interested in committing to play something with me. Do you have any favorite cello-piano pieces? I've got lots of music, some of it even sight-readable.

The reason I ask is because I'd rather not have to babysit the cello all weekend (you can't just sling it into your back pocket to tote it around) unless at least one person is really interested. I'm not so into playing the cello by myself at a piano-centric get together.

Just say the word . . .
Please see private message. Hi
22 April 2010, 09:24 PM
Big John
i don't know about the cello logistics problem, but I'd certainly be willing to attempt to accompany you.

Does anyone have an itinerary planned out?

Is everything going to be champagne tastes? Because I might need to rob a bank if that's the case.
22 April 2010, 09:48 PM
Piano Again
Ax -- message received. I'll take a look at it.

Big John -- I bet you could do some jazz standards . . .