well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Something’s not right. . . .

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something’s not right. . . .
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Trump is and has always been behind.

The polls are not budging. Trump world should be terrified. The attacks on Biden haven’t stuck.

Yet.

I am not seeing signs of panic on the Trump side. No pulling out of states. No moving resources elsewhere. No disgruntled leaks and second guessing.

Something is not right. It’s almost like Trump knows that some grand scam is going to deliver the win. Putin? Bidens medical records? Burying the mail ballots in a mass grave?

There is no way this election ends with a whimper.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the states where Trump has pulled all of his advertising money. It might make you feel better.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Trump is and has always been behind.

The polls are not budging. Trump world should be terrified. The attacks on Biden haven’t stuck.

Yet.

I am not seeing signs of panic on the Trump side. No pulling out of states. No moving resources elsewhere. No disgruntled leaks and second guessing.

Something is not right. It’s almost like Trump knows that some grand scam is going to deliver the win. Putin? Bidens medical records? Burying the mail ballots in a mass grave?

There is no way this election ends with a whimper.

Or perhaps they are collectively too inept to see the handwriting on the wall?

I think that they're pretty collectively inept, but that doesn't negate the possibility that they know the fix is in.

I devoutly hope not.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
They definitely have an October surprise planned. The obvious ones are the vaccine and the Durham report, but, given the fact that less than two in ten Americans trust Trump on the vaccine, he's gonna have a helluva time making a splash with that when Redfield and Fauci won't go along.

I'm deeply concerned, but I'm hoping the constant dribble of NYT stories about his taxes and finances will keep him off-balance.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have a theory. (Apparently Trevor Noah has a similar theory.)

I-1 does not want to be president. Some say he never did. But the absolute worst thing in his mind is "losing" (by whatever weird definition his brain has formed for "winning" and "losing"). So, if the election is so screwed up, ballots are held up, and the results cannot be determined with any integrity, the House or the Supremes or some oracle gets to call it with the pretty damn sure result it will get called for Biden (or Pelosi), and I-1 is off the hook. And it won't be because he "lost" the election. And his one significant act as lame duck will be to pardon himself, his family, every toady in his administration (especially Barr), and everyone on his campaign for any federal offenses they did or may have or may will commit.

He will throw the fight, but make it look like a technicality. Then galumph off into the sunset.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh, he has to win.

The only thing keeping his resorts afloat is the cash from the secret service and foreign interests. He runs resorts, and no one is flying, remember? And out of office means civil and criminal lawsuits, very expensive to defend.

That debate was like watching someone have a 90 minute panic attack.

I feel much better.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post