well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I have a ? about GOP women

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a ? about GOP women
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
What is it about the sleeveless dresses?

Kelly Ann, Kayleigh, Lara, Ivanka, Melania...and supporters..

Is it a thang? I seem to notice is much lately...

Never in my life would I consider a sleeveless top appropriate business dress....without a jacket...And never have I seen it more often in a business (GOP business) situation.

When I see the Dem women, they are covered up.

Or am I just getting old? Razzer

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Michelle Obama caught a lot of flack for bare arms.

Me, I get too cold to pull it off.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I heard a famous fashion designer (I forget her name) talk about women of a certain age doing well with sleeveless dresses. She said that the shoulders of women show age less than many other areas of the body. So was all for exposing them.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I thought you would say that Cindy...and Michelle forever put me in long sleeves...I could never measure up..

But she was first lady..not Press Secretary, Official Spokesperson...

In my former corporate job, I do not ever remember a woman of high position sleeveless for a meeting...

I am watching Kamala right now in a full suit..with a dash of silk and necklace..but covered up..Just like the men.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I read it as an indication that a sexier look is smiled upon by the people with the power to further the careers of the women wearing more revealing clothes in professional settings. In conservative circles, it seems to help a woman to look hot, even at the risk of losing some dignity. It is my impression that this is less true in liberal circles, but I haven't done a comprehensive survey of who wears what.

If a sexier look furthered a man's career, we'd see men in tight pants with bare, muscled arms. We do not. The preferred look for both liberal and conservative men says, "I am serious. Respect me," rather than, "I am serious, but also really hot." Again, I think the "rules" in terms of dress for men are set by the people at the top. What ambitious younger people wear reflect the values of the people in a position to help them succeed.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I thought they're just copying the women on Fox News. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
I through they're just copying the women on Fox News. Shrug

ROTFLMAO It had me wondering..

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don’t know anything about sleeves, but have wondered often how there can be such a thing as a Republican woman.

The two things seem incompatible.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
i'll have you know that thanks to this thread, last night I was constantly orienting to Dem women's attire.

Though not live on the air, Jill Biden was OFTEN shown sleeveless (and very nice upper arms she has!)

The great bugaboo AFAIC is the watery fat that starts shockngly early to drip from the triceps area - even from fit men. I resolve - forgetting nonetheless - never to lift my arms so as to disclose it.

Old boyfriend's warnings about "grandma arms" first started me on kitchen counter push-ups, (Forever grateful to him for the lesson!)

But still, I never ever wear sleeveless - only short sleeves to show the deltoids. Yes

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I don’t know anything about sleeves, but have wondered often how there can be such a thing as a Republican woman.

The two things seem incompatible.

Lately, I'd have to agree 100%.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post