well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bathtubs Over Broadway on Netflix

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bathtubs Over Broadway on Netflix
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
This is an adorable film very close to my heart. My Dad worked for Milliken for 48 years and they were legendary for their industrial musicals at the Waldorf Astoria every year. I saw all the big Broadway stars there.

Milliken was very secretive so there is only a very short clip but still the whole film is one of a group of collectors with weird tastes for an obscure art form.

The lead, Steve Young, is a former writer on Letterman so the odd ball humor is throughout. He and I had an online conversation for some weeks over FB. He was kind enough to send me all the Milliken material he had. This was shortly after my Dad passed, so extra sweet.

Definitely worth a view even if you do not know what an industrial show is! Smiler

And make sure you watch to the very end! Wink

Bathtubs

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I had no idea. Fascinating!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20447 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I had no idea. Fascinating!

In thinking more about it, it is very much like our community..We all came together through accident of interest in pianos. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post