well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    WTF 16th Anniversary Party - April 18
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTF 16th Anniversary Party - April 18
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
*Bump* ... Is there an admin or moderator who can potentially "pin" this topic near the top of the page until April 18?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
For folks who would like to share their music at the party, the article below has Zoom's instructions to enable the option to "preserver original sound":

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-...serve-original-sound

Note that it's a two-step process. First, before the meeting, you need to go into "settings" to enable the option to allow "original sound." (You need to do this only once. Your Zoom software or Zoom app will remember this after you set it.)

Then during meeting you will see the option to enable/disable "original sound". That's just a toggle that you can click on or click off as frequently as you need to. (The general idea is to turn on "original sound" for when you perform, then turn it off after you are done playing.)

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Will those of us who have said we'll attend or probably will attend receive the Zoom meeting ID and password via PM prior to Sunday afternoon?

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m interested, but not sure I can make it. It’s a very Zoomy day.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Zoom information has been sent to all who expressed interest in this thread.

Closer to party time I will post the same information here openly to accommodate any last minute drop-ins.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I suppose I should play something since a number of you have opted out. The big piece I’ve been working on so assiduously is not quite ready though. Maybe a short piece from the NY storefront concert I did a couple of months ago.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'll stop by. Not planning to play.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I am not very experienced with using Zoom. We’ll see if I can get it hooked up.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
*** Party over, Zoom info deleted ***
Thanks to all who participated, really good to see you all!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great to see everyone.

Thanks for hosting, Ax! Really appreciate your efforts.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
*Bump* ... Is there an admin or moderator who can potentially "pin" this topic near the top of the page until April 18?
The admin or moderator can un-pin this topic now. Big Grin

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Sorry I couldn't make it! But, um, 16 years?? Amazing.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Great to see you all! I was going to take a screen shot and I forgot!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
It was great to see everyone! I am inexperienced with using Zoom but it seemed that we were all communicating. I may have left a bit early because my iPhone battery was low.

Still, I’m sure it’s easier to get a group together when we don’t have to travel a few hundred miles to see each other.

I need to up my game with mics and video. Many musician friends have elaborate setups with expensive microphones, lighting and multiple cameras. Is that what it takes to be a musician these days? I guess so.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Sorry I couldn't make it! But, um, 16 years?? Amazing.

ThumbsUp

Agreed.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post