well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hospital-at-home (and other health care news)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hospital-at-home (and other health care news)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The Hospital-at-Home movement

The pandemic gave it a jolt and it's just getting started

https://erictopol.substack.com...tal-at-home-movement

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doctors Are Disappearing From Emergency Rooms as Hospitals Look to Cut Costs

https://khn.org/news/article/d...s-look-to-cut-costs/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Best Buy gets into the hospital-at-home business.

quote:
Best Buy has struck a deal to sell devices and handle installation for a program that allows patients to get hospital care at home.

The consumer electronics retailer is expanding its health-care business as sales of other consumer electronics slow.

CEO Corie Barry said on an earnings call that Best Buy expects sales in its health division will grow faster than the rest of the business this fiscal year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/0...e-hospital-care.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Doctors Are Disappearing From Emergency Rooms as Hospitals Look to Cut Costs

https://khn.org/news/article/d...s-look-to-cut-costs/

I am so sick of our bullsh!t healthcare system. I had an MRI on my lower back. I was in the tube for 20 minutes. They billed my insurance $7,000! I am "responsible" for $2,100 of it.

That's $21k per hour for one machine. There was a waiting room full of people waiting their turn.

21x8 hours is $168,000.00 per day for one machine. The machine probably costs several million dollars but at the rate they paid for the use of it, it will be paid off in about 30-60 days. What a crock.

WTF is wrong with us?

Where we need to cut costs is certainly not reducing the number of doctors in the ER. That could prove to be deadly for a lot a people. No, we need to eliminate all the wasteful administrative BS jobs and regulate the fvck out of the insurance companies. You pay a premium you get service. Fvck this co-pay/deductible/out of pocket expense BS. No other insurance type does that. Home and Auto insurance have deductibles that are very manageable and certainly not going to bankrupt anyone. Life insurance does not.

Health insurance deductibles/co-pays/out of pocket expenses should be illegal and all medical faculties should be forced, by federal law to accept Medicare/Medicaid. I don't give a rat's a$$ if you can't afford that third home, boat, etc. You are killing people and you are driving them into financial ruin.

I have never wanted to move to Canada more.

btw, I am now experiencing a pain in my chest but it seems to be positional so I don't think it is heart related. Probably a strain or worst case, a tumor. I am avoiding going to any medical facilities even though I have insurance. Every time I even look at a doctors office they want another couple of thousand dollars.

I am so sick of this.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:

I am so sick of this.

+1

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I did send a message to my Dr. about the pain I am experiencing. My money is not more valuable than my life.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post