Tools

Eagles
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Lots of eagles.

quote:
55 bald eagles communing over the Nooksack River in Washington state were photographed during the salmon run- and all in one tree!

In 2011, photographer Chuck Hilliard went up the Skagit River in the state of Washington to observe and photograph bald eagles. With the weather being what it was at the time, the water flow had increased dramatically putting the salmon out of reach of the bald eagles in the area.

With very few of the beautiful birds to observe, Hilliard would have to change gears and find another area to photograph, and find them he did.

Hilliard told the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service:

"I learned that eagles also gathered on the Nooksack River, which is in a valley about 30 miles north. After mapping out my plans, I spent several weekends locating different areas to access the Nooksack River to find the eagles."

"One of the places I found," he said, "after accessing the river, was this area with the tree. While there were other eagles around, the tree stood out. Not just for the number of eagles, but also the fact that there were none in the trees directly surrounding it."

https://www.wideopenspaces.com...one-tree-salmon-run/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Great photo! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What struck me the most when we moved there was the number of bald eagles We would see. Went from a rarity to normal. Really cool photograph!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Really cool photograph!

:nod:

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post