well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    For the Wordle people

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Wordle people
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted
Have you tried Waffle? It’s my new favourite!

https://wafflegame.net/

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cool beans! That one is really fun.

Thanks!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I got the Deluxe Waffle, too.

Off to the archives...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Over my head. How does it work?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
If you click the ? at the upper right hand corner, it displays the rules.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I got the Deluxe Waffle, too.

Off to the archives...

They switch to a new puzzle at 7pm EST rather than midnight so there is a new one up! I got the deluxe one as well. Smiler

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oooo I like that!!!

I do Wordle every evening (unless I forget, and then I'm cranky because that's usually how I mess up my streak) And I do Dwordle and Quordle at breakfast, I'll add this to my morning! Smiler

BTW I do Wordle at night because I do it on my phone, along with some Japanese word games I do. But in the mornings I am looking at my iPad, which is better for the bigger two and four word ones.

What are these so fun? Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was working my way through the archive and I think I found a software bug. The letters are all there and you can form the words correctly but they weren't flagged correctly as to their position . Something was shown as yellow but I don't think it was supposed to be.

I'm curious if anyone else runs into the same problem.
So I don't give away which one it was specifically, I'll say it was in between 35 and 40 in the archive.

Or maybe I'm just cracking up.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I was working my way through the archive and I think I found a software bug. The letters are all there and you can form the words correctly but they weren't flagged correctly as to their position . Something was shown as yellow but I don't think it was supposed to be.

I'm curious if anyone else runs into the same problem.
So I don't give away which one it was specifically, I'll say it was in between 35 and 40 in the archive.

Or maybe I'm just cracking up.

I just did 35-40 and all was well. Though it’s possible I didn’t notice it if I was focused on another part of the puzzle?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So cool!!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I got a perfect score on my first followed by a hair-of-my-chinny-chin-chin result on the Deluxe.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Fun. COLOSSAL timesuck.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Fun. COLOSSAL timesuck.

Exactly! Supposed to be thinking about dinner. Instead I’m here looking for the link…

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Oh, I wouldn't worry THAT much - speaking as someone who hasn't yet gotten the hang of it (much less all the rhyming soundalike variants*).

I've read numerous reports about how important it is to exercise ones brains with such challenges. That develops maximum "cognitive reserve" to ward off dementia and to recover function after strokes. You guys, most of you, also have piano playing as a second resource so you should all be among the slow aging seniors highlighted online. All the more so, for those who've picked up a second instrument (and CHAS with his banjo playing should really shine!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
*Admittedly, I haven't devoted an afternoon - or whatever it would take - to really trying to master it and other such. This lack in my life, plus everybody else's sterling scores on it and the other puzzles, DOES worry me a bit, though. Hopefully, watching movies in my once fluent alternate languages will serve something of the same purpose.

Besides which I hereby resolve to finally (re)learn how to play bridge! I have an aunt (she lived to 98) who despite a bad start, ended sharp and downright brilliant to her last days.

To be specific, the only unmarried one of my mother and siblings, she had a breakdown in her mid-twenties, treated with ECT (in those days they REALLY zapped them, too). She also continued (reluctantly) with anti-psychotic medicine from which she was unable to wean.

Nonetheless, she remained the champion bridge player in her whole Southern county (perhaps beyond too) and played regularly, including hostessing many of the tournaments. I hear she was impatient with her too slow partners, besides - no one could match her.

Comparing her to her younger sister (my mother, who survives her now at 100) is striking. Poor Mom is well into dementia (Alzheimer's?), which began (family observation) at least two decades ago. I blame her not playing bridge or taking on similar challenges. (My brother's Japanese father-in-law is still sharp after 100 which he attributes to his devotion to GO.)

So you guys are in good shape. I'd not call it a time sink!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post