well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cut Medicare
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut Medicare
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Trump budget proposes sizable Medicare cuts:
https://www.apnews.com/802d8f5...498e8fb868f57cb77852

Regardless of whether I agree with it, I am glad to see that cutting Medicare is being loudly proposed.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Go to hell.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Why do Republicans hate Medicare so much?

It’s one Federal program that actually seems to work pretty well and it helps a whole lot of people.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Most of whom vote Democratic if they vote at all.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
... and poor folk in the Appalachians who depend on it probably won't rank the issue high enough to disapprove of the overall GOP platform.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I’m curious about this. Most polls say seniors lean GOP, and Medicare recipients are seniors. How come most Medicare recipients vote Democratic?

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Go to hell.
Kindly elaborate ... who should “go to hell” and why.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So his 2016 campaign included promises not to cut Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security.

Did he just hand the Democrats their message for 2020 on a platter? And will they realize the gift and manage not to screw things up?

Or is he just holding these programs hostage and using them as leverage to get money for his damn wall?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and...p-budget-health-care

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
I’m curious about this. Most polls say seniors lean GOP, and Medicare recipients are seniors. How come most Medicare recipients vote Democratic?

You said Medicare. My brain read Medicaid.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Trying to think this through. It seems like the cut to providers only makes sense in the context of a larger health plan (like the ACA) which will ensure that costs are shared, and make health care plans competitive (at least in theory in the health care marketplace). But Trump/GOP has also gutted key aspects of the ACA, such as mandatory insurance. So what is to prevent the providers from simply passing those costs on to the consumer in the form of either higher premiums, higher copays or lower coverage percentages?

In other words, the environment is different now. The same cut to providers that Obama made is in a completely different context now. It's not necessarily the same.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Go to hell.
Kindly elaborate ... who should “go to hell” and why.

Sure. Anyone who wants to cut Medicare can go to hell. Because I said so. Because I can. Any other questions?

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Like death and taxes, pretty much everyone in the country is going to end up dealing with Medicare.

Why not make it great?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

All I know is my mother says that as long as she and cohorts were allowed to vote* everybody she knows in assisted living and her prior residence, were Republican.

Maybe the facilities' being somewhat upscale, made a difference.

However, this doesn't answer your (good) question, Ax. If they were talking about Medicaid, it would be different.

In fact, what th-??
Really does sound like Trump and cohort are actually out to kill off his voting opposition in a slightly more civilized way than most despots.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post