well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Heated Car Seats are an Antidote to Our Grief
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heated Car Seats are an Antidote to Our Grief
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
This is funny. (If you can get in to read it) And Oh so true. Steve’s car has them - mine does not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...eated-car-seats.html

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

We've got them in our Subaru and they're great. My elderly Toyota Sienna is sadly seat heater deficient. But both cars have cloth seats, so winter isn't too awful in the Sienna.

The 1999 Lexus we inherited from my uncle had heated seats. Really nice because the seats were leather and were painfully cold in the winter.

Occasionally I would surreptitiously reach over and switch on hubby's car seat in the middle of summer and wait for his reaction.

Hilarity ensued.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharons car has them, and she used them when she was having trouble with her hip. I don’t think they’re all that useful in this climate.

The feature her car has that I really want is the warning light in the mirror when it’s not safe to change lanes. I’ll insist on it in my next truck.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
They do really help me when my back is acting up.

Smiler Jodi

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love our "butt warmers."

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I laughed out loud at that part. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
They do really help me when my back is acting up.

Yes

Comfort

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Mine has heated AND cooled seats. Its disconcerting the first time you feel it. Love them both.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Mine has heated AND cooled seats. Its disconcerting the first time you feel it. Love them both.

I trust you don't use them at the same time ... Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
This is funny. (If you can get in to read it) And Oh so true. Steve’s car has them - mine does not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...eated-car-seats.html

You can get a seat warmer cushion that plugs into your cigarette lighter socket! I had that in my 1996 Honda Odyssey, cloth seats, no seat warmers. Better than a cold seat!

Current car has them, very happy thank you.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
My big BMW has heated seats AND handgrips. Mm-mm toasty!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Occasionally I would surreptitiously reach over and switch on hubby's car seat in the middle of summer and wait for his reaction.

Hilarity ensued.

I knew you were a barrel of laughs to live with, wtg. Big Grin

We both have them in our cars and I adore them.

I started writing in a recliner in 2005, when my neck pain got so bad that sitting at a desk was not an option. After the surgery, I found that it was gloriously freeing to be completely comfy when I work, so I never went back.

My current model was a gift from Quirt. It has a massage function, which is nice but which I surprisingly rarely use unless I'm really hurting, because you can't do anything else when your whole world is shaking.

More excitingly, it has a heat function that I use all the time. It fights back against our Massachusetts-level A/C settings. It helps when I have back pain or headaches. It gives life a rosy glow.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Had them in the Volvo.
Did not get them in the Tundra or the Wrangler.
Thought they were frivolous.
Big mistake.
Got some that plug into the dash from Amazon.
Nice.
The steering wheel in the Tundra is the coldest thing south of the North Pole. Now I see some new cars have heated steering wheels.
hmmm...

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I drive many hours hauling a horse. Having a limber back makes me a better rider. Having heat on my back after a long ride makes me a safer driver. Especially in the winter! We're talking about getting a new car. Heated leather seats are now a basic requirement.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

Rented a turbo Mustang with seats that cooled on a trip to Missouri.
Loved that. Would be essential if I lived in a climate that gets hot.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post