well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Meanwhile, in Just When You Thought He Couldn't Get Any Lower land
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile, in Just When You Thought He Couldn't Get Any Lower land
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I has been years since I gave up thinking he could not get any lower.

I am no longer surprised, only disgusted.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I has been years since I gave up thinking he could not get any lower.

I am no longer surprised, only disgusted.

Amen.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
And, of course, Trump doesn't know the legal principles involved. If you behave illegally, you are responsible for the consequences.

The classic example from law school was this: you kick someone in the shin. Unknown to you, he has hemophilia. He bleeds out and dies. You didn't intend to kill him. Nevertheless, you are guilty of at least manslaughter.

We were taught: you take your victims as you find them.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
There's also Graham v. Connor: a police use of force (here, a shove) has to be reasonable, necessary, and proportional.

There was no need to push the guy. So aren't we done here?

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I-1's "police scanner" bvllsh!t fact-checked:
https://www.bbc.com/news/52984295

Not that any of his supporters would be convinced. He's told them so many times over not to believe what they see with their own eyes... believe only Dear Leader.

Believe only Dear Leader.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's an act on his part. This is one of the reasons I try not to pay attention to his person.

How inane can one person be? I think we might be seeing the limit.

Is he some great propagandist? I don't think so. I think he's good at getting attention.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Keep it up.

It would be so easy to deliver a speech to try to bring the country together. It might work.. moderates might give him another chance, then another term.

No, he needs to keep up the crazy.

Cause his poll numbers are in free fall.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISubA3iqs4

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mr. Gugino, now more alert after his fall, has explained the oranges of I-1's mistweet: Remarkably, at 75, he still has an older relative that lives in that area of Buffalo, his mother's sister Fabee. She was distraught because someone was trying to sell her some snake oil to treat her cat's fleas.

He was misunderstood when he said he was coming from Auntie Fa with a fleas scammer.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Know The Signs: How to tell if your grandparent has become an antifa agent
https://www.washingtonpost.com...ome-an-antifa-agent/

Seems important to know, especially for those who still have grandparents.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
She claims not to know how to use her phone, yet always appears upside-down on FaceTime, which should be impossible without hacking capabilities.

Yup!

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Martin Gugino, the 75-year-old protester who was pushed by two Buffalo, New York, police officers earlier this month, has a fractured skull and is not able to walk, his lawyer said in a statement provided to CNN on Monday.

"I am not at liberty to elaborate at this time other than to confirm that his skull was fractured," Gugino's attorney Kelly Zarcone said. "While he is not able to walk yet, we were able to have a short conversation before he became too tired. He is appreciative of all of the concern about him but he is still focused on the issues rather than himself."

CNN has not been able to speak with Gugino directly, but in her press statement, Zarcone passed along a message from him: "I think it's very unnecessary to focus on me. There are plenty of other things to think about besides me."

Gugino is focused on getting better and he remains in rehabilitation, Zarcone told CNN on Tuesday.

"Barring something unusual and unforeseen, I don't expect much change at all this week," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB15zACz?li=BBnb7Kz

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The image of all those other cops just stepping around him is burned into my mind....

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post