well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Favorite winter libation?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite winter libation?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
Just discovered this today - I've long made gin hot toddies for the family... but this is our new favorite for cold winter nights!

Miel de Jengibre Tequila Hot Toddy
Prep Time
5 mins
Total Time
5 mins

A tropical twist on a hot toddy cocktail made with tequila and ginger.

Created by: Annette Tomei

Ingredients
1 packet honey ginger tea crystals I like Prince of Peace brand – Trader Joe’s has a 100% ginger that would work too – add your own honey to taste
1 cup boiling water
2 oz Partida Reposado Tequila or your favorite tequila
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice about 1/4 of a lemon
5 + drops Scrappy’s Firewater tincture or your favorite spicy bitters

Instructions
In a mug, dissolve the ginger honey crystals in the boiling water, add the tequila and fresh lemon juice, and a few drops of spicy bitters. Adjust to taste.

I had crystallized ginger chips so started there. I like drinks a bit sweeter than MrsTuner, so she got fresh lime while I opted for Roses lime. Kindof muddled the ginger in hot water to start. Neither of us needed the honey. Added some silver tequila (Black box?!?, who knew tequila comes in a box?)

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post