well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Poor Joe Biden ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poor Joe Biden ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a Democrat, but not as much as if I were a Republican.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Oh dear.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The Daily Beast has a scathing article on him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...s-running-out-of-gas

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
the sooner he drops out the more likely we'll have a real centrist winner emerge from Buttigieg, Klobuchar, or Bloomberg.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I think you will likely see a repeat of 2016 where the DNC screws Bernie because they think he can't win and the Bros stay home. Maybe even vote for Trump. For whatever unfathomable reason that old kook has a lot of dedicated supporters.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Bernie and Biden are too old.

So is the trumpet.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I think you will likely see a repeat of 2016 where the DNC screws Bernie because they think he can't win and the Bros stay home. Maybe even vote for Trump. For whatever unfathomable reason that old kook has a lot of dedicated supporters.

Yep - in the latest Emerson poll, around 50% of Yang and Bernie supporters said they would not support the eventual democratic nominee, whoever they turned out to be. The next closest candidate (I forget who it was) was in the 78% support range. Most were in the 90%.

I don't recall if the poll then went on to ask if those who wouldn't support the dem candidate would then vote for Trump, or would just stay home. I don't think it even matters.

And it's not clear to me whether the DNC has to "screw" Bernie. I think a majority of his supporters will take any result that doesn't have Bernie at the top as evidence that the entire system was rigged. (Kind of like what we're likely to hear from Trump if for some reason he doesn't win in November.)

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hard data shows a centrist Democrat cannot win.

IMO
The classes that vote against their own interests, will continue to vote that way. 1. They buy the lies of the Repub misinformation machine. 2. The Democrats are horrible when it comes to informing people what it stands for.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of people who don’t vote Democratic are the sort of people who do not want to admit that they should vote Democratic.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seen on Twitter:

Joe Biden has never finished higher than 4th in any primary or caucus in 32 years of running for president

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Once again, last night, Bernie was singing the right “vote blue no matter who” song. He’s selling that message hard as part of his stump speech. I hope it’s sinking in.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
He needs to stop talking about the "rigged system" in order to make his stump speeches seem sincere. He also needs to shut that kind of talk down publicly.

He won't.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
No, he won't, and for the same reasons Trump continues to talk about immigrants as an invader threat and the press as Fake News. It's his shtick, and it has become his base's identity.