well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Last Chance U (Netflix)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Chance U (Netflix)
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I am utterly hooked on "Last Chance U," on Netflix.

It is a documentary series about community college football. You read that correctly: There is such a thing as community college football, and it is a big deal in places that have little else going on.

There are four seasons, and it is a little confusing to figure out which episode is Episode One. But it appears there are two teams that are followed. One is in Mississippi; the other in Kansas. The Mississippi one is better, perhaps.

Anyway, the reason it is riveting is because (1) I had no idea what goes on behind the scenes in any form of football; (2) the photography is really good; (3) it's just good documentary film making; and (4) you forget just how hard some people have it in life.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have episodes to binge.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post