well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No, Vaccine Side Effects Don't ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, Vaccine Side Effects Don't ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I've definitely heard the "that shows your immune system is working" comments. Shoot, I may have even said it myself.

The more you know.....

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I've definitely heard it, and said it.

Oh well.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Well that's good news. For me at least.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It makes me wonder about another question: If you have a strong reaction, does that mean you have a strong immune system generally?

I am thinking yes. I have a killer immune system, and the shot really affected me.

Cindy — who got the shingles vaccine and had a headache all day

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I OTOH who also have a great immune system, had no reaction to shot #2 and also none to either Shingrex shot!

(True, I did get that rare Seventh Day Moderna shot reaction the first time around...)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There is conflicting information. From CNN:

quote:
New research from the Penn Institute of Immunology suggests vaccine side effects such as a sore arm, fever or muscle aches are a sign of a positive immune response and should not be a cause for concern.

“Everyone has good responses to the vaccines. They work to protect people against COVID-19. But for those who may be worried about side effects, they are not necessarily a bad thing—they may actually be an indicator of an even better immune response,” said E. John Wherry, director of the Penn Institute of Immunology in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and senior author of the report, in a press release about the report.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post