well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Semiconductor Shortage Problem

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Semiconductor Shortage Problem
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45719 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I'm told that this is why I can't find a truck to buy right now. Dealers can get the half ton models but most lots have only one or two 3/4 tons, if they have one at all.

Some of the lots I have visited are half empty.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34800 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
And if you think that shortages of currently manufactured semiconductor devices is bad, consider the implications of device obsolesence for long-lived systems:Trapped on Technology’s Trailing Edge

I've observed this problem for decades now in long-lived industrial electronic systems.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7365 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post