well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vacations? What are you doing this year?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacations? What are you doing this year?
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Rob and I are driving to Quebec City in a couple weeks. We will stop over for a night in Ottawa on the way there and Montreal on the way back. Just three nights in QC, but we are looking forward to it. This was our answer to wanting to go back to Europe this summer but needing to send the boy to college in the fall instead.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I've still not been to QC, it's on my list. I hear great things about it.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Next weekend in Chicago to see Hamilton, then two weeks in Madison for go live. After that no trips confirmed until a house in the Keys the first week of March. Next summer I want to do Eastern Canada - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, QC and the ancestral homeland in Newfoundland, coming back through Nova Scotia and Maine

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Next weekend in Chicago to see Hamilton, then two weeks in Madison for go live. After that no trips confirmed until a house in the Keys the first week of March. Next summer I want to do Eastern Canada - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, QC and the ancestral homeland in Newfoundland, coming back through Nova Scotia and Maine

We've done Toronto, QC, and Montreal, and really enjoyed it. Make sure to hit Niagara Falls, too.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:

Driving? Where will you cross the border on the way in?

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We were so close to Quebec City for two years and never went. At the moment we spend out vacation time visiting family. Just got back from a week of mostly driving a loop to visit a couple of old friends and our parents and one kid in the PNW. Mr. Jodi did a couple of days of fishing on the OP. Multiple friends/family with memory issues affecting their lives, so it was kind of sad/happy. Too much sitting in a car and sleeping on horrible beds, so now my back is bothering me and I’m exhausted both mentally and physically. I need a vacation from my “vacation”.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:

Most likely Windsor.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:

Most likely Windsor.

I can’t remember where you are coming from exactly, but there are actually some really lovely places to visit in this area (I’m about an hour outside of Windsor) if it lines up with you having to stop over for a night!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That would be great. We should be driving and taking our sweet time. Probably see some relatives in Detroit too.