well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Save the baby puffins

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save the baby puffins
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I didn’t know that baby puffins are called pufflings….

quote:
An Icelandic Town Goes All Out to Save Baby Puffins

Kids and senior citizens alike rally to rescue beloved young seabirds that have lost their bearings

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Pufflings! Big Grin

My wife and I are taking a bucket list cruise on a smallish vessel this summer. We'll start in Ireland and work our way up the west coast of Scotland up to the Orkney islands and Faroe Islands. Then across to the SW coast of Iceland. We'll go around Iceland counterclockwise and end in Reykjavik.

I'm sure we'll see lots of puffins!

Posts: 12512 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
iPad keyboard + no reading glasses = typos galore. Big Grin

That sounds like a great trip. We expect a travelogue with lots of pics!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Reminds me that we used to have a forumite’s kid who we sort of refer to as “Puffin.” Big Grin

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Guess it should have been Puffling!

Posts: 12512 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post